276 Boats to rent in Corsica
Come sail the fourth largest island in the Mediterranean! Corsica, located off the coast of France, is only a short flight from many European cities. The island of beauty exhibits natures naked beauty through its diverse landscapes and wildlife seen from both land and sea. Visit the birth place of Napoleon or indulge in local treats such as fiadone to truly experience all this rich culture has to offer. Pristine beaches, charming port towns, and ancient citadels are just a few reasons why your next nautical adventure should be a yacht charter in Corsica!
The Best Time to Sail
Experiencing a Mediterranean climate, this island of beauty is blessed with warm summers and mild winter months. June, July and August are the best months of the year for a yacht charter in Corsica as they are the months that the sailing conditions are the most ideal. Although hot, the marine winds provide a cooling breeze. If you would prefer to separate yourself from crowds, plan your boat rental holiday for early spring or late autumn. Along the coastline of Corsica, many ports are at your disposal year-round for anchorage, fueling, and any assistance you may need during your yacht charter (Port of Ajaccio, Port of Porto Vecchio, Bonifacio…).
Although part of France, the island of Corsica has its own unique culture. The islands inimitable identity is an accumulation of its rich history and traditions that date back centuries. You will find that the lifestyle here is much more easygoing. So, residents are in no hurry and truly embrace the beauty of the landscapes view that surround them. Today, there remains a strong Christian community on the island so many festivals and events are based on religious holidays. The island has its own native dialectal even though the official language is French. Get on a yacht charter in Corsica and experience this amazing culture first hand!
Visit the Different Cities of Corsica
- Ajaccio: Navigate to Napoleon's birthplace and enter the south's main port! Ajaccio is the largest town in Corsica, as well as the capital. Here you can visit the home where Napoleon was born at Maison Bonaparte, visit the cathedral, or stroll down of the many immaculate beaches in the area. If navigating the island of beauty in August, make sure to stop at Ajaccio on August 15th. Each year the town celebrates the birth of its most famous resident with a parade and fireworks display.
- Bastia: Want to explore the northern part of the island of Corsica? Moore your yacht charter in this bustling commercial port. Explore the lively St. Nicolas square and choose from the variety of bars and restaurants that surround it. Enjoy a scrumptious Mediterranean meal at La Table du Marche just by the fountain!
- Bonifacio: You can’t visit Corsica without making a stop at the breathtaking town of Bonifacio located at the southernmost part of the island. Home to a lively harbour, this town is the oldest on the island of Corsica. Guests can experience the fantastic panoramic view of Bonifacio and the surrounding Corsica area from the cliff tops. Bonifacio is only 12km from Sardinia, so it is easy to spot the heavy Italian influence within the community.
- ProprianoThe town of Propriano on the southwestern coast of Corsica, offers stunning beaches with clear turquoise waters, perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. In addition, there are various hiking trails and outdoor activities for those who love nature and adventure. Propriano also has a picturesque harbor where visitors can watch boats and yachts come and go while enjoying a meal at one of the many restaurants nearby. The town of Propriano is known for its delicious cuisine and wine, with numerous local specialties and vineyards to explore while on your yacht charter.
- CalviThe charming town of Calvi in Corsica offers a mix of history, natural beauty, and modern amenities. Its picturesque marina, surrounded by colorful buildings and the imposing Citadel, is a sight to behold. The town's beaches, including the famous Plage de Calvi, offer crystal-clear waters and a stunning view of the surrounding mountains. Visitors can view the town's history by visiting the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist, the Calvi Citadel, or taking a stroll through the old town's narrow streets. With its pleasant climate, delicious cuisine, and vibrant nightlife, Calvi is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for a memorable Mediterranean experience.
Sail South on your boat rental in Corsica
When entering the Gulf of Ajaccio, you will be stunned by the beauty of the Sanguinaires also known as The Bloody Islands. While sailing in the south, don’t miss the charming marina of Propriano, located in a sheltered spot on The Gulf of Valinco. It is always protected from strong winds and is a perfect stop between Ajaccio and the Strait of Bonifacio. The Natural reserve of the Strait of Bonifacio extends over 80 000 hectares and is situated at the southern tip of the island. It is considered as one of the most beautiful sites to see and offers many anchorages. Make a detour on your yacht charter via the Lavezzi islands, less than 10 nautical miles away from Bonifacio, and let yourself be tempted by the many idyllic moorings bordering this nature reserve. Once you are back along the Corsican coastline after this charming stopover, continue sailing towards Porto Vecchio via the cove of Palombaggia, which boasts one of the most beautiful beaches of the island.
The Gulf of Porto Vecchio is a protected area of a few hundred kilometers. The harbor of Porto Vecchio is ideal to take shelter in case of strong wind.
Getting to your boat rental
There are four airports and numerous ports scattered across this island. With so many options it is easy to get to a yacht charter in Corsica!
Bastia Poretta Airport (BIA) – Located 17 kilometers from the center of Bastia, this airport offers an array of direct flights from European cities and accommodates low-cost airlines!
Calvi Sainte Catherine Airport (CLY) – 6 kilometers away from the center of Calvi.
Ajaccio Napoléon Bonaparte Airport (AJA) – One of the busier airports on the island of Corsica, if you arrive here you are only 5 kilometers from the city center of Ajaccio.
Figari Airport (FSC) – only 6 kilometers from central Figari or 20 minutes’ drive from Bonifacio
Sailing Bareboat or with a Crew
Sailing with or without a skipper is a personal preference and depends on several factors, such as experience, comfort level, and budget. Suppose you are an experienced sailor with a good understanding of navigation. In that case, yacht charters without a skipper (also called bareboat) can be a rewarding adventure, as it provides more freedom and flexibility to explore the destination at your own pace. When you charter a yacht bareboat, you are in charge of everything, you are the captain of the boat! However, if you are a beginner or prefer a more relaxed sailing holiday, sailing with a skipper is the best option. A skipper is like the captain of the ship, and they can provide guidance, share their local knowledge, and ensure the safety of the crew and the yacht.
There is also an option to have a hostess or a cook on board GlobeSailor yachts. A hostess is responsible for making two of the daily meals (usually breakfast and lunch) and will take care of the boat's upkeep (tidying up common areas etc.). A cook is responsible for making all three meals on board the boat. Both crewed options allow clients to eat French and Mediterranean inspired dishes aboard a beautiful sailboat. Some guests prefer to choose the hostess option as it allows them to sail to a different marina each night and find the best authentic French restaurants on land.
Choosing the perfect boat to rent
Regarding yacht rental, the options can seem overwhelming! At GlobeSailor, we have boats of all shapes and sizes for you to rent. Our rentals range in length, berths, cabins, boat model, year of build, add ons such as a dinghy or water sports equipment, and of course, price.
Your choice of berths and cabins will vary depending on the type of sailboat, motor boat or catamaran you choose to rent. Usually, cabins will be single or doubles, meaning they can accommodate one or two people. There are also double cabins for individual use available on some boat rentals, which is a cabin option for one guest who wishes to have more space aboard the yacht.
We offer guests a choice between a sailboat, catamaran, power boat, luxury yacht, gulet or even houseboat! The choices for charters are endless!
Most guests choose either a sailboat or a catamaran to rent. Both boats have unique characteristics to satisfy the varying needs of clients.
A monohull or a sailboat is a traditional boat with one hull (mono!). It is focused on performance and offers sailors the traditional sailing experience. Many sailors like the traditional feel of a monohull. A monohull might be best for you if you fancy yourself a true captain of the seas! Popular boat models such as Bavaria Cruisers and Dufour Grand Larges are available to rent on our website.
Catamarans have more than one hull. The multihull of a catamaran offers its guests more stability as the boat is equipped to rock less against the ocean waves. A catamaran is also more spacious than a monohull. Catamarans usually range from 30 feet to 60 feet, with the average length being around 45 feet. Catamarans have less heeling (tilting) than monohulls, providing passengers with a more comfortable and stable ride. Catamarans also have a shallower draft, which means they can sail in waters with a low tide and get closer to shore.
GlobeSailor has an incredible fleet of yachts, catamarans, motor boats, gulets and luxury yachts to offer you for rental. Choose the boat of your dreams that fits your and your crew's needs, and spend a week or two sailing around on the trip of a lifetime! You can also choose between renting a bareboat charter and a crewed charter (meaning hiring a skipper and crew). Our crewed option for a boat rental can be the best choice if you don't have much sailing knowledge but still want the independence of chartering a boat. Your skipper or captain will take care of the navigation, and the hostess/cook will ensure your vacation week is at the luxury level. Your hired crew will have their own private cabins, meaning there's plenty of space on your boat for everyone!
Our experienced crew will take care of all the details, leaving the guests to do all the relaxing in the sun! Whatever type of boat rental you're looking for, GlobeSailor can help you find it!
One of the best things about a yacht charter is its flexibility. You can make the most of your day by choosing your own itinerary and touring the places that interest you the most, whether you want to island hop, explore the coast, or both. It's entirely up to you how you spend your holiday, and sometimes, there's nothing better than relaxing in the sun on your private deck or one of the cabins while having an excellent book to read! Whatever type of holiday you're looking for, Corsica has some of the best yacht charters to choose from, ensuring you have a wonderful sailing experience.
Our team of experts is at your disposal to organise your very own cruise. Your online request will be dealt with shortly. One of our advisors will contact you by email or by phone. Free quotes, without engagement.Contact one of our advisors