Your cruise in Mediterranean
The Mediterranean Sea literally means "the sea amidst the lands". It stretches over several continents (Europe, Africa and Asia) and opens onto the Atlantic Ocean through the Strait of Gibraltar. Cultural cradle of antiquity, the Mediterranean Sea is now one of the world’s most popular destinations for boaters looking for sunny maritime regions. The French Riviera, Sardinia, Crete and Croatia are amongst the most desired destinations for Mediterranean cruises.
Our all inclusive cruises with skipper
Our cruises with or without skipper
Are you ready for the sailing adventure of a lifetime? Imagine yourself cruising the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean, taking in the stunning coastline view and picturesque villages. With one of our cruises, you can make this dream a reality. Many of the most favoured countries for sailing can be found in the Mediterranean, including Greece, Croatia, France, Italy, Spain and Turkey, with multiple ports at each destination.
Cruise options with GlobeSailor in the Mediterranean
Chartering ships in the Mediterranean is the ultimate way to experience the beauty and culture of this iconic region. With its sparkling blue waters, charming coastal towns, and delicious local dining, the Mediterranean is a top destination for travellers worldwide. After spending time sailing along the shore, you'll understand the raving reviews left by many!
We have many ships and cruises to offer guests who wish to travel here. Whether you wish to spend your days lazily cruising along the coast and relaxing on the deck of the ship or exploring the many countries the Mediterranean shore has to offer, we have a package to suit any person! A cabin cruise is a complete luxury experience as it includes all the comforts onboard in our price.
Onboard some of our gulet cruises, guests can choose between a traditional cabin or a suite. A suite usually consists of a larger, more luxurious sleeping area. If you are interested in a suite, please contact GlobeSailor to learn more.
The itinerary during your sailing days shall be fully taken care of by our skipper and crew, freeing you from worry and stress as they offer you exceptional luxury service. A skipper will select the best route for sailing, and the other crew members remain at your disposal to take care of all the essential details (no matter how small!) onboard and in your cabins to make your trip outstanding and special. Booking a cabin or suite on a sailing cruise can be a great way to meet new people and make friends while exploring the area and on the ship's deck.
You will have all the comforts in your private cabin or suite without worrying about anything. The crew will take care of the onboard dining (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner, depending on the cruise package) with traditional gastronomic flavours, which are included in the full board. You will also enjoy the luxury of having the deck regularly cleaned by the hostess. Our experienced crews can take care of all the details, leaving you to do all the relaxing in the sun.
View our cruise options and select the boat of your dreams which fits the needs of you and your guests and spend a week or two cruising around famous countries in Europe, such as Italy, Greece, Spain, Turkey, Croatia and France…. The possibilities are endless!
Sailing Conditions and Climate
The Mediterranean climate is generally mild, with warm summers and mild winters. The sea temperature in the Mediterranean is usually warm enough for swimming from May to October, with the warmest temperatures in August and September. However, the weather can vary depending on the specific location and time of year.
The Mediterranean is also known for its excellent sailing conditions, with mild temperatures and steady winds, making it the perfect destination for sailors of all levels. And with our cruises, you'll have access to some of the best sailing spots in the region, including the Amalfi Coast, the Greek islands, and the Balearic islands.
The western Mediterranean generally has lighter winds and calmer seas, making it ideal for beginners and less experienced sailors. On the other hand, the eastern Mediterranean can have stronger winds and rougher seas, making it more challenging for sailors. The summer dates of July and August tend to have the lightest winds and calmest seas, while the spring and fall months can have stronger winds and rougher seas.
The most common winds in the Mediterranean are the Mistral, a strong and gusty wind that blows from the northwest, and the Tramontana, a cold and gusty wind that blows from the north.
There are many things to do and see while sailing in the Mediterranean. Here are a few popular activities:
- Visit ancient ruins: The Mediterranean is home to some of the most significant historical sites in the world. Sail to places like Athens, Rome, and Pompeii to discover ancient ruins and gain a deeper understanding of the region's rich cultural heritage. Reading from a history book does not compare to facing these ancient structures. When you view a historically significant site, it is a truly special feeling.
- Explore charming coastal towns and villages: The Mediterranean is known for its scenic towns and villages, each with its own special character and charm. Some popular destinations include the French Riviera in France, the Amalfi Coast in Italy, and the Spanish island of Mallorca.
- Indulge in local cuisine: The Mediterranean is famous for its delicious and healthy dining. Sample fresh seafood, delicious pasta dishes, and local wines while sailing in the region. A sailing holiday in the Mediterranean is the perfect way to experience traditional dining. With a fully equipped kitchen onboard, you can cook your own meals using fresh local ingredients or dine in one of the many waterfront restaurants along the shore. After experiencing the local dining, you'll be rushing to leave some excellent reviews!
- Relax on secluded beaches: The Mediterranean is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, many with stellar reviews and even awards! Take a break from sailing and enjoy a day on a secluded beach. The stunning beaches are the perfect location to spend your day reading your book and chilling out, free from stress or responsibilities.
- Water sports: The Mediterranean is an ideal destination for water sports, such as swimming, snorkeling, and diving. Explore the underwater world of the Mediterranean and discover the rich marine life that the region has to offer.
- Party on the Greek islands: The Greek islands are known for their vibrant nightlife and party atmosphere. Sail to places like Mykonos and Santorini to find the lively party scene.
- Watch the sunset: The Mediterranean is famous for its beautiful sunsets. Take a moment to view the blazing orange sun dip below the horizon while sailing on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Take a day trip to nearby islands: The Mediterranean is home to many unique islands for you to discover. Take a day trip to explore nearby islands, such as the Aeolian, Balearic, or Cyclades.
- Go fishing: The Mediterranean is known for its excellent fishing. If you are an experienced angler or even a beginner, you can have a chance to find a variety of fish species, from swordfish to sea bass. And when you moor in one of the local ports and go dining, you'll realise how fresh the seafood is!
- Learn to sail: A yacht charter isn't just about luxury and relaxation. It's also an opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. If you are a beginner, a sailing trip in the Mediterranean can be a great opportunity to learn the basics of sailing onboard a real boat in action! Our experienced crew members are happy to teach you the basics of sailing.
Top Mediterranean Destinations
Sailing around the Mediterranean offers a special and unforgettable experience. The region is home to some of the world's most beautiful and historically significant sites. From the ancient ruins of Rome and Athens to the charming villages of the French Riviera and the Spanish coast, there are cruises for everyone to enjoy.
Some of the most famous destinations include:
Greece: The Greek islands are a must-see for any sailor in the Mediterranean, where you can explore ancient ruins and enjoy the laid-back island lifestyle. The Cyclades, for example, are a group of islands known for their white-washed buildings, blue-domed churches, and stunning beaches. Some famous islands to visit include Mykonos, Santorini, and Naxos. The Ionian islands are also popular among sailors, with places like Corfu, Lefkas, and Cephalonia. With a catamaran cruise, you can easily island hop and view popular destinations like Mykonos and Santorini, as well as more off-the-beaten-path islands like Hydra and Ios. While in Greece, we recommend taking a day to explore Athens. This historical city is one of the most culturally significant places in Europe. One of Greece's most famous historical sites is the Acropolis in Athens, which dates back to 525 BC! This citadel is home to some of the most iconic structures in Greece, including the Parthenon and the Erechtheion.
Croatia: Croatia's Dalmatian Coast is a popular sailing destination, with its many islands, bays, and historic towns such as Dubrovnik, Split, and Hvar. The islands of the Kornati archipelago, Mljet National Park, and Brač island are also very popular among sailors. GlobeSailor offers fantastic cruises to book in Croatia, such as; A flotilla cruise, a yoga cruise and a culinary cruise!
Italy: The Amalfi Coast and the Aeolian Islands are two popular sailing destinations in Italy. The Amalfi Coast, located in southern Italy, is known for its stunning coastline, charming towns, and delicious seafood. The Aeolian Islands, located off the north coast of Sicily, are known for their volcanic landscapes, hot springs, and historic ruins. If you're looking for cruises in Italy, the city of Naples has much to offer!
Spain: The Balearic Islands, located in the western Mediterranean, are a popular sailing destination in Spain, with the island of Mallorca being the most famous. This island is known for its beautiful beaches, clear waters, and lively nightlife. The island of Ibiza is also a popular spot for sailors, known for its beautiful beaches and vibrant nightlife. On our website, you can find the "secrets of Majorca" cruise, where you will discover a new city every day you sail around the coast of Spain.
Turkey: Turkey's Turquoise Coast is a hotspot for cruises, with its clear waters and picturesque towns such as Bodrum, Marmaris, and the city of Fethiye. The coastline is dotted with ancient ruins for you to view, including the city of Ephesus and the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus.
These are just a few examples of the many destinations you can visit while sailing in the Mediterranean. Each destination offers unique and special experiences and sights to see.
GlobeSailor offers countless cruises for you to choose from. You can select to embark from a large option of ports in different countries and choose what cruise adventure suits you best. We have special ships whose itineraries focus on wellness, culture, cuisine, history and nautical activities, along with cruises that give you an overall view of the Mediterranean lifestyle, meaning there are cruise options for absolutely everyone!
Book your Cabin Cruise in the Mediterranean now
We have many cruises available for your group: sailboat, catamaran or gulet in a private cabin or suite with board and excursions included. A sailing trip along the Mediterranean shore is one of our most demanded cabin cruises and receives rave reviews yearly. Even if you are not an expert in navigation, a cabin cruise includes the experience of living closely with the ins and outs of crewing the ship for the week.
If your ideal vacation day consists of relaxing on the deck of a ship in the sun, then a GlobeSailor cruise is the thing for you! The cruise price may often seem higher than usual, but this includes a paid skipper and crew to take care of all your cruise needs. Under the care of a professional skipper, the yacht or catamaran will be managed expertly. Allowing cabin cruise passengers to fully focus on discovering some of the many best destinations in the area. Cruises with a skipper are also an opportunity to visit their itinerary's many places of interest. Each stop during the cruise at one of the ports offers many sightseeing or relaxation activities, allowing you to make the most of your trip! So don't worry about how many days your cruise lasts because the itinerary is designed so that no places of interest are missed!
The primary information is available in the description of each cruise, but do not hesitate to contact your cruise consultant with any queries you may have. As a travel agency, we are happy to advise you about life onboard, the characteristics of the cabins, your flight, and the complete itinerary included in each cruise offer. Call, email or find our free quote form on our website to get in contact and learn more!
Do you already have dates in mind for your trip? If not, then we can help you! When choosing dates for your cruise, consider the weather conditions most suitable for you. If you prefer a gentle breeze of crisp air, it is often better to travel to the Mediterranean in winter. However, if you are not afraid of the heat, summertime dates might suit you better. But don't worry; our ships also come with the convenience of air conditioning onboard so that all passengers can fully enjoy the summer heat! The sailing high season in the Mediterranean (Greece, Italy, Turkey, Croatia, France etc.) starts in May and ends in September, with June and July being the most popular time to rent one of our ships.
A sailing holiday is a truly special experience that will give you and your crew a lifetime of memories. It's an opportunity to disconnect from the fast-paced world and reconnect with nature and yourself, all while doing so on a luxurious yacht!
Book with GlobeSailor and help us maximise your sailing trip! We strive to offer you cruises at the best price. With an experienced crew onboard to ensure your trip is perfect, right down to the minor details. Make your summer a special one with a sailing holiday with GlobeSailor. Contact us now!
Our team of experts is at your disposal to organise your very own cruise. Your online request will be dealt with shortly. One of our advisors will contact you by email or by phone. Free quotes, without engagement.Contact one of our advisors