Your cruise in Bahamas
The Commonwealth of the Bahamas is an independent state located in the Atlantic Ocean, to the north of Cuba, north east of Turks and Caicos, and just to the east of Florida. An archipelago which consists of 24 inhabited islands, 600 islands which are uninhabited and more than 2000 outcrops and reefs. The port has all of the necessary amenities which you need for a smooth sailing trip. The beautiful white sandy beaches, warm turquoise waters and rich flora and fauna make the Bahamas a true paradise destination, and the perfect place to enjoy a yacht charter.
Our all inclusive cruises with skipper
Our cruises with or without skipper
Chartering ships in the Bahamas is the ultimate way to experience the beauty and culture of this iconic region. With its sparkling blue sea, charming coastal towns, and delicious local dining, the Bahamas is a top destination for travellers worldwide. After spending time sailing along the Caribbean sea, you'll understand the raving reviews left by many!
We offer many ships and cruises to guests who wish to travel here. Whether you wish to spend your days lazily cruising along the shore and relaxing on the ship's deck or exploring the many islands the Bahamas shore offers, we have a package to suit anyone! A cabin cruise is a complete luxury and exclusive experience as it includes all the comforts on board in our price.
How to spend a day in the Bahamas:
There are endless excursions for you to get stuck into as you sail the length of this Caribbean paradise. Here are some of our top picks for the best activities you should try while on your yacht or catamaran charter:
- Swimming with Pigs: Yes, you read that right! The Bahamas is home to a group of friendly pigs who love nothing more than swimming with visitors. This unique experience is a must-do activity that you won't find anywhere else in the world. Imagine paddling through a crystal-clear ocean surrounded by adorable pigs - a memory you'll cherish forever.
- Exploring Underwater Caves: The Bahamas is renowned for its intricate network of underwater caves and sinkholes. Exploring these hidden wonders is an adventure unlike any other. You can snorkel or scuba dive through these breathtaking caves, marvelling at the stunning rock formations and diverse marine life.
- Relaxing on Fabulous Beaches: With over 700 islands and cays, the Bahamas is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Imagine lounging on soft white sand, gazing at the crystal-clear ocean as gentle waves lap at the shore. Whether you prefer lively beaches with water sports and activities or quiet secluded coves, the Bahamas has a beach for you.
- Snorkeling and Diving Haven: The Bahamas boasts some of the world's most stunning coral reefs, making it a sought-after destination for those seeking to snorkel and dive. By sailing between islands, one can explore various dive sites, each with unique underwater landscapes and marine life. Regardless of whether you're a seasoned diver or a novice, you'll find plenty to uncover in the Bahamas' clear sea. For an exhilarating adventure, why not consider swimming with sharks? These awe-inspiring creatures are an integral part of the ecosystem, and coming face to face with them is an experience you will never forget. Whether you're diving or snorkeling, an encounter with a shark is guaranteed to get your heart racing.
- Fishing for Dinner: The Bahamas is a world-renowned fishing destination with various fish species in its waters, including marlin, sailfish, tuna, and more. Whether you're an experienced angler or a beginner, you can enjoy a day of fishing while sailing in the Bahamas.
- Take a Tour: Tours of all shapes and sizes can be booked in the Bahamas. Fishing tours, Culinary tours, Water sports tours, and Nature tours are among the many diverse excursions available!
With over 700 islands and cays, the Bahamas offers endless opportunities for island hopping. Each island has its own unique charm, from the bustling capital of Nassau to the quiet, secluded beaches of the Out Islands. You can sail from one island to the next, stopping to explore local towns and villages, try new foods, and soak up the sun on pristine beaches. Here are some of the most popular islands that you won't want to miss:
- Nassau: This vibrant city is a hub of culture and entertainment and a must-visit for any traveller to the Bahamas. Nassau has everything from world-class dining and shopping to historical tours and water sports. Nassau is the capital city of the Bahamas and is known for its delicious food, with a mix of Caribbean and international flavours. Be sure to try conch fritters and jerk chicken while you're in the Nassau area!
- Paradise Island: If you're looking for luxury, look no further than Paradise Island. This island is home to some of the Bahamas' most exclusive resorts. Visitors can indulge in world-class dining, shopping, and entertainment, as well as pristine beaches and water parks. The island also has a lively nightlife scene. You can find a variety of bars and clubs to dance the night away, including the popular Aura Nightclub and the iconic Atlantis Casino.
- Grand Bahama Island: This island offers a mix of cultural and natural attractions, making it a great destination for travellers who want to experience the best of both worlds. From charming towns to stunning national parks, there's something for everyone on Grand Bahama Island.
- The Exumas: This chain of islands is known for its breathtaking beaches and crystal-clear waters and is a must-visit for any beach lover. The swimming pigs at Big Major Cay are a particular highlight, as is snorkeling at Thunderball Grotto. You might even spot your favourite celebrity in this chain of islands. If you see paparazzi crowding around, maybe a celebrity like David Copperfield is nearby, as he has been spotted frequenting the island before!
- Eleuthera: This long, narrow island is famous for its pink sand beaches and laid-back atmosphere. Whether you're interested in snorkeling, exploring historic sites, or simply relaxing on the beach, Eleuthera is a destination that's sure to delight you.
- Bimini: Bimini is a group of islets located in the Bahamas. Bimini is known for its clear blue ocean, white sandy beaches, and reputation as a world-class fishing destination. Believe it or not, Bimini is only 80 km from Miami, Florida! Many visitors from Miami and other places in Florida travel to the islands for a day trip from Port Canaveral, as it only takes an hour or two to travel there by ferry! If you wish to make a day trip to Florida, to go to Miami or maybe to visit Disney land, you can take a ferry from Bimini or Grand Bahama Island to Port Canaveral.
No matter which islands you select to visit in the Bahamas, you will surely be enchanted by the stunning scenery, friendly locals, and vibrant culture. So why wait? Book your trip today and experience the magic of the Bahamas for yourself!
How to spend a night in the Bahamas
- Hit the Casinos: If you're feeling lucky, head to one of the island's casinos for some gambling fun. The archipelago is home to several world-class casinos, including the Atlantis Casino on Paradise Island, which offers a variety of games and entertainment options at night.
- Dance the Night Away: The Bahamas has a vibrant nightlife scene, with many bars and clubs offering music, dancing, and drinks. Some popular spots to spend your night include Aura Nightclub at Atlantis, Bambu nightclub in Nassau, and Señor Frog's in Freeport.
- Enjoy Live Music: Many bars and restaurants in the Bahamas offer live music performances at night, ranging from traditional Caribbean music to contemporary jazz and pop. Check out venues like the Green Parrot in Nassau or Rum Runners in Grand Bahama Island for great music and entertainment.
- Go on a Night Dive: For those who love to explore the underwater world, night diving in the Bahamas can be a thrilling experience. See nocturnal marine life you wouldn't be able to see during the day and enjoy the eerie tranquillity of the underwater world at night.
The Bahamas boasts a vivacious and thrilling carnival culture, with many popular carnivals held throughout the islands. Here's a recommendation of some of the best ones:
- Junkanoo: Junkanoo is the most famous carnival in the Bahamas and held annually on December 26th and January 1st in Nassau and Freeport, Junkanoo is a lively celebration of Bahamian culture, complete with elaborate costumes, music, and dance.
- Bahamas Carnival: Bahamas Carnival, also known as Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival, is a relatively new addition to the carnival scene in the Bahamas. This carnival is a relatively new addition to the scene, held annually in May in Nassau. Yet, it features a variety of events, including a parade, live music, and a street party.
- Eleuthera Pineapple Festival: The Eleuthera Pineapple Festival is a celebration of the sweet and juicy fruit grown on Eleuthera's island. This carnival is held annually in June and includes a parade, live music, and various pineapple-themed activities.
- Long Island Regatta: The Long Island Regatta is an annual sailing event that takes place in Salt Pond, Long Island. This carnival in June includes various activities, including sailing races, a parade, and live music.
Weather in the Bahamas
The Bahamas has a tropical climate with temperatures ranging from 21 to 32 degrees Celsius throughout the year. The islands are located in the hurricane belt, and the hurricane season lasts from June to November, with the highest risk of storms in August and September.
During the winter months, from December to March, temperatures are generally cooler, with average high temperatures around 24 to 28 degrees Celsius and cooler evenings. The summer months from June to August are warmer and more humid, with average high temperatures around 29 to 32 degrees Celsius.
The Bahamas is a great destination for sailing enthusiasts, with its crystal-clear sea, stunning scenery, and favourable sailing conditions. Here are some key things to know about sailing in the Bahamas:
- Wind: The Bahamas generally experiences consistent easterly trade winds, making ideal sailing conditions. The winds typically range from 10 to 20 knots, with higher gusts possible during storm season (June to November).
- Tides and currents: Tides in the Bahamas are generally low, with a maximum range of around three feet. However, currents can be strong in some areas, particularly around the cuts between islands. It's important to be aware of local currents and tides when planning your sailing itinerary.
- Navigation: The sea around the Bahamas can be tricky to navigate due to shallow areas and reefs. It's essential to have up-to-date charts and navigational tools and to be familiar with the local waters before setting sail. Many charter companies offer experienced skippers who are familiar with the area.
- Anchorages: The Bahamas offers a variety of anchorages, from secluded berths to bustling harbours for you to spend your night. Many of the islands have designated anchorages with mooring balls or anchoring areas, and it's important to respect these areas to protect the fragile marine environment. Each port has different rules and capacities, so be sure to talk to your skipper (captain) or crew if you wish to moor in a specific port or even want to anchor in a cay for the night.
Overall, the Bahamas offers excellent sailing conditions for experienced sailors and novices alike. With its warm sea, consistent winds, and stunning scenery, it's no wonder that the Bahamas is a top destination for sailing enthusiasts.
Cabin Cruises with GlobeSailor in the Bahamas.
Regarding yacht charters in the Caribbean, there are a few things to consider. The first is the type of yacht you would like to charter. Many types of yachts are available, including monohull, catamaran, and motorboat options. Monohulls are the traditional type of sailboat and are known for their speed and traditional sailing experience. The catamaran is becoming increasingly sought after in the Bahamas due to its spaciousness and stability. Our Lagoon and Bali catamaran models are fan favourites, and many great deals can be found on our website for these catamarans, so be sure to avail of the discounted price on selected fleets! Motorboat yachts are ideal for those who want to explore the archipelago in style and luxury.
Globesailor has incredible fleets of sailboats, catamarans, motorboats and luxury yachts to offer you for rental. Our boats range in length, size and year of manufacture, and the number of cabins to accommodate your preferences. Choose the boat of your dreams, which fits your and your guests' needs and spend a week or two cruising around famous locations such as Nassau, the Exumas and Bimini.
You can also choose between renting a bareboat yacht charter and hiring a skipper and crew. When you select our crewed option for a yacht charter, it can be a great choice if you don't have much sailing knowledge but still want the independence of chartering a yacht. Your skipper is like the ship's captain; they take care of the navigation, and the hostess/cook ensures that your week's vacation is at the luxury level. Your hired crew will have their own private cabins, meaning there's plenty of space on your boat for everyone!
The itinerary during your sailing days shall be fully taken care of by our skipper (the captain) and crew, freeing you from worry and stress as they offer exceptional luxury service. A skipper will select the best route for sailing, and the other crew members remain at your disposal to take care of all the essential details (no matter how small!) onboard and in your cabins to make your trip outstanding and special. Booking a cabin or suite on a sailing cruise can be a great way to meet new people and make friends while exploring the area and on the ship's deck.
For those who wish to learn about sailing while on the cruise, the crew will be more than happy to teach you some of the basics of sailing when they have free time. By the end of your cruise, you'll feel like the boat's captain! You will have all the comforts in your private cabin or suite without worrying about anything. The crew will take care of the onboard dining (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner, depending on the cruise package) with traditional Caribbean flavours included in the full board. You will also enjoy the luxury of a regularly cleaned deck by the hostess. Our experienced crews can take care of all the details, leaving you to do all the relaxing in the sun.
The next thing to consider is the size of the yacht. Yachts come in various sizes, from small day sailors to large luxury yachts. The yacht size will depend on the number of guests in your group and the type of sailing experience you are looking for. Onboard some of our gulet cruises, guests can select a traditional cabin or a suite. A suite usually consists of a larger, more luxurious sleeping area. If you want a suite, please contact GlobeSailor to learn more.
Book a GlobeSailor Cabin Cruise in the Bahamas
We have many cruises available for your group: sailboat, catamaran or gulet in a private cabin or suite with board and excursions included. A sailing trip in the Bahamas shore is one of our most demanded cabin cruises and receives rave reviews yearly. Even if you are not an expert in navigation, a cabin cruise includes the experience of living closely with the ins and outs of crewing the ship for the week.
If your ideal vacation day consists of relaxing on the deck of a ship in the sun, then a GlobeSailor cruise is the thing for you! The cruise price may often seem higher than usual, but this includes a paid skipper and crew to handle all your cruise needs. Under the care of a professional skipper, the yacht or catamaran will be managed expertly. Allowing cabin cruise passengers to fully focus on discovering some of the best islands in the area. Cruises with a skipper are also an opportunity to visit their itinerary's many places of interest. Each stop during the cruise at one of the ports offers many sightseeing or relaxation activities, allowing you to make the most of your time! So don't worry about how many days your cruise lasts because the itinerary is designed, so that no places of interest are missed!
The primary information is available in the description of each cruise, but do not hesitate to contact your cruise consultant with any queries you may have. As a travel agency, we are happy to advise you about life onboard, the characteristics of the cabins, your flight, and the complete itinerary included in each cruise offer. Call, email or find our free quote form on our website to get in contact and learn more!
A sailing holiday is a truly exclusive experience that will give you and your crew a lifetime of memories. It's an opportunity to disconnect from the fast-paced world and reconnect with nature and yourself, all while doing so on a luxurious yacht! Book with GlobeSailor, and let us find the best deals for your sailing trip! We select cruises for you at the best price. With an experienced crew on board to ensure your trip is perfect, right down to the minor details. Make your summer a special one with a sailing vacation with GlobeSailor. Contact us now!
Our team of experts is at your disposal to organise your very own cruise. Your online request will be dealt with shortly. One of our advisors will contact you by email or by phone. Free quotes, without engagement.Contact one of our advisors