11 Days, 10 nights
- • The daily dives
- • Vaavu Atoll and its world renowned spots
- • Coral reefs and colored fish banks
Important : please note that your trip could also take place onboard the Safari Explorer 2 (43 meters long, 12 cabins and a capacity to host 22 passengers).
|Boat Model:||Seafari Explorer 1|
|Number of Cabins:||12|
4G Wifi connection (depending on navigation areas)
It has 8 double/twin cabins (1 double bed or 2 twin beds) and 4 triple cabins (1 double bed and 1 single bed). Each cabin is air-conditioned and has a Wi-Fi connection (depending on the sailing area) as well as a bathroom with a private toilet.
On arrival at Malé airport, you will be greeted by one of the crew members who will take you to the marina. From there, you will take a dhoni (traditional Maldivian boat) to reach the yacht. Once on board, you will get to know the crew and other passengers. After you will check in to your cabin and will have a quick briefing. Dinner and overnight on board.
Days 2 - 10: Diving Cruise
For more than a week, your captain and guide will select the best route through the Atolls for you to enjoy the most beautiful dives.
∼ Example of a typical day
∼ Diving sites ∼
- South Malé Atoll:
- Cocoa Kandu and Kandhoolua Thila are home to a variety of marine life and a coral reef
- Guraidhoo Kandu is a particularly deep channel where you can observe eagle rays and schools of sharks.
- Vaavu Atoll:
- Miyaru Kandu is a protected site with numerous caves inhabited by countless fish species (angelfish, balloon fish, etc.) It is also a home to the white-tip and black-tip sharks.
- Golden Wallis named after the colourful coral reef wall and its golden glints. Here, life proliferates at its own, special pace.
- Alimatha HR is an exceptional site for night dives. Black-tip sharks, stingrays, big-headed jacks and nurse sharks can all be seen here.
- South Ari Atoll:
- Dhigga Thila offers a variety of soft coral reefs to explore. This place is home for many coral species such as the beautiful Acropora.
- Rangali Madivaru is located to the west of Ari Atoll. It is a washing station for manta rays.
- Maamigili HR is a long reef where it is possible to encounter whale and leopard sharks.
- Meemu Atoll
- Muli Corner is a reef made up of several canyons where multiple schools of jacks and barracudas, grey sharks and sometimes manta rays swim.
- Muli Kandu is a breeding ground for turtles. However, you can also see species of snapper and schools of tuna or jacks, sharks and eagle rays.
- Vanhuravalhi Kandu is a magnificent channel which is full of the soft corals, Here, eagle rays, schools of snappers and grey sharks can be seen.
- Kureli Kandu is a shallow channel with a predominantly outflowing stream that supports the presence of manta rays.
- Hakura Thila is a remarkable dive spot for all photography enthusiasts. On the northern tip, the light effects are magnificent.
- Thaa Atoll
- Kalhufahala Giri is a reef made of hard and soft corals where eagle rays, grey and white-tip sharks pass by every day.
- Olhugiri Kandu is a reef where you can see schools of snappers, jacks, sharks, eagle rays and beautiful corals.
Day 11: Mahé
Return to the marina for the cruise disembarkation at 7:30 am. You will then be transferred to the airport for your return flight.
- Itineraries and dive sites are subject to change and cannot be guaranteed.
- We choose the optimum itinerary based on the local conditions.
- We always aim to provide the finest possible diving experience, while respecting the highest safety standards.
• Accommodation in shared double/twin or triple cabins
• Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
• Drinks: water, tea and coffee
• Afternoon snack
• Package 23 dives
• Bottle 12L
• Bed linen, towels and bath towels
• Nitrox 32%
• Wifi connection (depending on sailing area)
• Goods and Service Tax (12%)
• Personal expenses
• Guaranted departure with a minimum of 14 person
• Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks
• Green taxes : 60 $ /person (to be paid on site)
• Service charge* (including tips to staff): $150 /person + 10% on extras (to be paid on site)
• DiveAssure diving insurance: $60 /person
• Additional dive : 30 $ /person /dive
• Single supplement
• Guaranteed departure for more than 14 participants
• Day Use lounge (Hulhulé-Airport hotel): approximately 60 to 100 $ /person to be paid on site. The Day Use includes 1 meal, access to the pool and bar, shower, luggage storage and shuttle to the airport. Please note that the Day Use lounge does not include a personal room
• Equipment hire (to be booked before departure and paid for on-site) :
• Bottle 15L (100 cft AL): $30/person
• Complete equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, stab., regulator, shorty): $240/person
• Diving computer (mandatory): $50/person
• Stab or regulator: $ 90/person
• Wetsuit or mask, fins and snorkel: $40/person
• Surface marker buoy (mandatory): $ 15/person
• Lamp per dive: $15/person
• Supervision fee per dive: $15/person
• Courses during the cruise (to be booked before departure, payment on booking or on board) :
• EAN Nitrox (2 dives per package): 185 $ /person
• Advanced Open Water (5 dives per package) : 240 $ /person
• Certification, tables and book required (payment on board only) : 130 $ /person
• Baptism dive (1 exercise dive + 1 exploration dive) : $150 /person
• Introduction to freediving and/or snorkelling: $100/person
• *In the Maldives, the Sixth Amendment of the Employment Act imposes a service charge on the tourism sector from 1 January 2021.
- Parachute and whistle for each diver (pre-booked rental required).
- Dive computer (pre-booked rental required).
- Medical certificate less than one-year-old authorizing the practice of scuba diving ( bring a copy to leave on-site).
- Proof of diving level and logbook.
- Insurance covering water activities and specifically scuba diving (can be purchased on board for the duration of the stay).
- Flashlight and portable mirror.
- Dive light.
We also recommend that divers bring a first aid kit with medication for digestive problems, ecological sun cream, anti-mosquito, antihistamine cream and other items according to the indications and advice of the attending physician and the recommendations concerning the destination.
If not, the complementary DiveAssure insurance must be purchased on site. A medical certificate of physical fitness for diving is also mandatory. It should date less than one year old. A medical survey should be completed prior to departure or on the spot.
- certification and logbook
- medical certificate of fitness issued not less than one year ago
- compulsory diving insurance
PASSPORT: Mandatory with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of return.
Important: The name, surname, passport number and desired number of dives for each participant must be provided to us at least 30 days before the arrival date.
The cruise is open to N1, Open Water, Cmas 1 * or equivalent with 50 dives minimum with Advanced course compulsory and in compliance with prerogatives. A supervisor may be required, a decision of the instructors on board, to any diver whose technical level is not high enough to dive safely. For the same reasons, the instructors may prohibit certain dives deemed too difficult (without compensation).
Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are extra (depending on availability): soft drinks, fruit juices, wine, cocktails, whisky, rum, vodka, pastis and champagne.
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are allergic to certain foods or diets.
Non-contractual rates to be paid on the spot by the passenger, depending on availability, cannot be booked and paid in advance, day use is not covered by Seafari.
It is forbidden to import or export rufiyaas.
On location, the most popular currency is the US dollar. However, Euros are accepted everywhere.
Get your quote
The personal information collected by GlobeSailor will be used to manage your request, and it will especially allow us to better communicate with you.